GSplit is a free reliable file splitter that lets you split your large files (like compressed archives, multimedia, music, movie, backup, Zip, log, large text and document files...) into a set of smaller files called pieces. These pieces are easier to copy or backup to floppies, CD, DVD, USB or any disk; to send by email or upload with file hosting services (forget size restrictions); to share with friends, colleagues or to distribute to other users through networks and the Internet.
In addition to the features of other standard file splitters, GSplit can:
- create two types of pieces: disk spanned and blocked (with specific size). Either enter the size for each piece file, the number of pieces to create or the number of lines / occurrences of a pattern by piece.
- generate small Self-Uniting programs (.exe) so anyone without GSplit can assemble pieces and restore the original file. The appearance and functionality of these programs can be customized.
- split very large files (bigger than 4 GB) or small files (less than 100 kb).
- restore file properties: file dates and attributes are not lost.
- perform fast checks to detect file corruption (size, offset, CRC32) and to assure that files are successfully restored.
- customize piece files (size, filenames, title, author...), leave additional space on disks...
- split large text and similar files like huge server log files by number of lines or occurrences of a specified pattern.
- add custom headers to pieces.
- support splitting multiple files in one time, batch (automation) and command line options (can be daemonized).
- store settings into profiles (XML) for reuse.
- GUI skins.
- integrate Windows Explorer (split files with the context menu).
GSplit has an intuitive user interface that makes operations easy and fast, has multilanguage support, and gives you advanced options for pieces and Self-Uniting executable files... GSplit lets you split any file in a snap.
Portable Edition available too.
GSplit is a free software application from the File & Disk Management subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English, French and it was last updated on 2009-02-12. The program can be installed on Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 4.x, Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate.
GSplit (version 22.214.171.124) has a file size of 1.54 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 120 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.